• 2 tbsp olive oil or butter
• 1/4 cup onion chopped
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/8 tsp black pepper
• 1/2 tsp dried oregano
• 1 tsp dried basil
• 1 tbsp tomato paste
• 14.5 ounce peeled tomatoes
• 3 cups water
• 1/3 cup heavy cream or almond milk
• 2/3 cup asiago cheese crumbled
- Heat olive oil (butter) over medium heat in a large pot (Dutch Oven). Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, , oregano, basil, tomato paste and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add sweetener.
- Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes, until the tomatoes are tender and cooker. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Add the cream and asiago cheese. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Add more salt if needed. Serve warm.
Add some more Asiago Cheese and some croutons for a delicious lunch or dinner.